Friday, June 13, 2008

A Step Backwards

This is the original version of the elephant sketch I posted the other day. My wife likes this one better; she thinks he has more personality and I have to agree. Even so, I think I had more fun painting the second one.


The reason I redid the sketch was that my Nintendo DS Lite's screen was accidentally set to full brightness so the image came out way too dark to post. By the way, this image was brightened via Photoshop so it is no longer a 'pure' Colors sketch. (Actually, I still think too dark.)

To paint the second version, I used Colors' playback feature and advanced the painting right up the point where I began coloring the first version, and I started the second one from there. This is a useful feature in Colors for experimenting with different techniques on one sketch.

No comments: